The Best Changing Table To Easily Change Baby’s Diapers And Clothes
Taking care of a baby is surely an enjoyable and cute thing to do. However, we cannot deny the fact that we need to do a lot of things to make it easier for you to take care of them. One way of doing this is by getting nursery furniture, such as a changing table. But then again, it's not that easy to choose one because there are already a lot of brands available in the market.
In this article, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about these changing tables. We’re also going to help you choose the best changing table.
The Importance Of Having A Changing Table
1. Easier Changing
The best thing about having a changing table in your house is that it makes it easier for you to change your baby's clothes or diapers. This is because these changing tables are specifically made for that purpose. Compare that to changing them on a bed or some ordinary table. Not only is it difficult to slouch on a bed just to change them, but your baby will also find it a bit uncomfortable because the surface might either be too hard or too soft.
Another cool thing about these changing tables is that they help make the changing process safer and more secure. This is because these changing tables have a barrier around its sides. This reduces the chances of your baby rolling over or sliding off the table. Aside from that, you have also ensured that the table is soft thanks to its cushion and padding. What this means is that they won't have any bruises or have body pains due to the possibly hard surface that you might put them in if you don't have a changing table.
3. No Spills
We all know that it’s quite disgusting to change our baby’s diapers especially if their stool is watery. When that happens, there is a very big chance that their stool will spill over your bed or whatever table it is that you’ve placed them on. But if you are using a changing table, you don’t have to worry about that because there are some models that have removable cushions or padding. You are also assured that if ever there are spillages, they are confined to one location.
Things To Factor In When Choosing A Changing Table
The very first thing you need to consider when planning to buy a changing table is the material of which it is made of. It's in knowing the product's material that you can know if it's going to last a long time or not. Most often than not, those that are made of plastic are the ones which can easily break, which is why it's not recommended to buy these. It's better if you get one that is made of hard wood or high-quality aluminum or any metal.
You also need to put the comfort levels in consideration. Remember that your fragile baby will be placed on that changing table. It's because of this that it makes perfect sense for you to see to it that your baby will have the best comfort level possible. You can do this by touching the cushion or the mattress on the changing table. This is where your baby will be in direct contact with, which is why it needs to be soft. There should also be no imperfections on it such as holes or uneven portions. You also need to check its breathability so that your baby won't be sweating on it.
The height of the changing table is an important consideration to make because this its purpose – not to let you slouch when changing your baby's diapers or clothes. See to it that the changing table's height is not too short or too high. It should compliment your height, and you should maintain a proper posture when changing your baby.
These changing tables are not just functional furniture, but they are also ornamental pieces. This is the reason why you need to also be peculiar in choosing one and making sure that it will look good in your house or your room. It should compliment your other furniture, and it should add to your house's interior beauty.
You also need to consider the price. It is important to remember that it doesn't mean that if the price of a product is high, then it's already of high quality. No, it doesn't work that way. there are a lot of changing tables that are affordable yet offer great quality and durability. For you to be sure, it's best if you just choose those that are in the mid-range price category so you can have a balance between quality and price.
Safety Tips In Using A Changing Table
For you to make the most out of your changing table, you need to ensure your safety, as well as your baby's. To do this, you need to make sure that you don't put up too much weight on it. First, know the maximum weight capacity of the changing table, and be sure that you won't go beyond it. To be safer, it would be better if you lower down the maximum weight capacity. You also need first to check the table if it's free of any object that might hurt your baby. You can also put extra layers of cushion such as towels on the table to make it softer for your baby.
Top 5 Best Changing Tables
1. Graco Changing Table
The Graco Changing Table is one of the highly recommended products on this list because it is water-resistant and has its safety strap. This assures that it will last a long time and will give your baby excellent safety and security. It also has a big storage space where you can place your baby's things. Aside from that, the storage space is also easily accessible as it is located near the table itself. It is made from the premium finish that is assured to be non-toxic.
- It’s an easy to assemble changing table because of its design and simple constructions. It’s also lightweight which is why it’s very easy to carry.
- The design looks good. It’s very attractive even though it has a simple and minimalist design. It sure can add beauty to your room or wherever you’ll place it.
- The construction of this changing table is great because it's sturdy and durable. It doesn't wobble.
- It is a bit smaller than expected. Your baby might be constricted in space if ever they’re bigger than average babies.
- The white color can easy stain.
2. Costzon Baby Changing Table
The Costzon Baby Changing Table has safety rails on each of its sides which assure you that your baby won't fall off or slide off it. It also has its changing pad and safety belt where you can easily strap your baby on when you're changing their clothes or diapers. The construction of this changing table is made of premium hardwood and nontoxic finish. It also has six baskets included which are made of 20% cotton and 80% polyester, making this not only a changing table but also a baby drawer at the same time.
- It's a durable and solid changing table, because of its hardwood material. It gives you a feeling that it'll last a long time.
- Even though it’s made of premium materials, it still is very affordable and justifiably priced. This gives it an edge over other brands.
- It stands very still, and it doesn't easily wobble, move, or slide. It's because of its stand.
- The color is not that attractive because it darkens the ambiance and feels of your room.
- The design is also not that good because it looks antique and old due to its hardwood material.
3. Child Craft Flat Top Dressing Table
Then there’s the Child Craft Flat Top Dressing Table which includes its own dressing pad that perfectly matches its strap and buckle. It is made of non-toxic finish which assures that it’s totally safe for your baby. It also has two open shelves where you can store the things for your baby. This makes it easier for you to change their clothes and diapers. It weighs 26 pounds which is light compared to most changing tables. This also has a height of 37.2 inches and a width of 36.2 inches.
- This one is very easy to assemble because of its simple construction.
- It also looks nice because of its minimalist and clean design. It can add beauty to your room or wherever you want to place it.
- It’s a sturdy changing table. It doesn’t easily get scratches even if something bumps on it hard.
- The design is elegant. However, it’s just too simple. It lacks additional moldings and curves to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
- It can easily stain due to its white color.
4. Delta Children 2-in-1 Changing Table
The Delta Children 2-in-1 Changing Table is another highly recommended product because it is multipurpose. It’s not only a changing table but it’s also a shelf and store bin at the same time. It is made of high quality wood that ensures it will last for a long time. It’s proven to be free of lead and other toxic elements that might be dangerous to your baby. Aside from that, this changing table also passed ASTM and government standards, making it a very good choice if you need a changing table. There are two colors to choose from namely white and dark brown. It’s 34.25 inches in width and is 35 inches in height.
- This is a big changing table. Your baby will surely be comfortable on this one because they won’t be restricted in movements.
- It is made of high quality materials, giving you the impression that it’ll last for a really long time.
- It has a sturdy construction. It doesn’t wobble and it doesn’t slide.
- There really is no real downside to this changing table, aside from its instructions which are somewhat confusing.
5. Delta Children Infant Changing Table
The Delta Children Infant Changing Table is another one of our best changing tables. It is made of solid wood and wood composites. It has a water-resistant changing pad that includes a safety strap. There are also two fixed shelves where you can put your baby’s things on. They are also easily accessible because they are placed on an open space. Safety rails are enclosed on all sides of the changing table, giving your baby maximum safety and security.
- It has a great construction, which is why it’ll surely have a long service life. It doesn’t easily get scratches and cracks. It’s a high quality changing table.
- The design is also attractive due to its clear white color and shape of its legs and table.
- The price is affordable and is lower than most changing tables. This is despite the fact that it is made of high quality premium materials.
- The changing pad is a bit too thin. It would be better if it was thicker so your baby would be comfortable on it.
The best changing table to emerge in the five reviewed products is the Delta Children 2-in-1 Changing Table. It is a well-built, comfortable, ideally sized, and affordable changing table that’ll surely make it easier for you to change your baby’s clothes and diapers. It also doesn’t have any real disadvantages except for its slightly confusing instructions. With the help of this changing table, you’ll surely going to find parenting much more easier.