The Best Teak Oil To Protect Wood
Having a teak wood furniture on your patio is a nice way to accentuate and improve the overall look of your backyard. Teak wood may be expensive but it is beautiful, durable, and elegant. This is why it is important to protect the wood by adding a teak oil.
A teak oil will help restore and preserve the natural color and condition of your teak wood. At the same time, it also protects it from fading especially when it is constantly exposed to sunlight. Thus, we’ve gathered a list of reviews of the best teak oil available in the market today.
Benefits Of Teak Oil
All kinds of wooden surfaces deserve to be handled with proper care and maintenance. Constant exposure to sun and moisture can affect the appearance of the wood and may potentially shorten its lifespan. Using a teak oil provides numerous advantages.
Here are some benefits of using teak oil for various wooden surfaces:
- A teak oil can be used for both interior and exterior furnishings including teak wood, mahogany, rosewood, and other rare or exotic wood.
- A teak oil moisturizes and takes care of the pores of the wood by creating a protective shield to prevent stains, scratches, and water residue from penetrating the wood. This helps maintain a smooth and spotless finish so it always looks clean and presentable.
- It enriches the color and appearance of the wood grain for a beautiful and elegant look. Since teak and other types of rare woods are expensive, the least you can do is to protect and keep it in good condition. This way, your investment doesn’t go to waste.
- A teak wood is one of the strongest and toughest types of wood. If you leave it untreated, it may eventually fade and transform the natural color into a light brown and gray hue. Treating it with teak oil regularly will maintain its rich natural color.
- A teak oil contains UV filters to prevent the wood from fading. It is formulated to weatherproof your wooden surface. This makes it especially suited for outdoor fixtures.
- It penetrated deep in the wood pores but dries off quickly, saving you a lot of time which most of us don’t have enough of.
- The oil is made of soya oils, linseed, tung, and other properties that help protect wooden surfaces. This formula is suitable for both indoor and outdoor furnishings. Compared to other oils, a teak oil provides at least four times more long lasting protection to the wood.
- It is infused with nontoxic ingredients making it safe to use around your household. At the same time, it provides maximum protection and impact on the wood.
- You can use it to help restore the natural look of your old wooden furniture and maintain the appearance of your new fixtures. This helps prevent cracks, scratches, and peeling to keep your wooden surface looking new.
However, it may not work well on wood that is always exposed to a damp environment. The oil will only attract the build-up of mildew.
Best Teak Oil Reviews
Check out our list of recommended teak oils to give you an idea on which product may work best for you.
The Star Brite Teak Oil is infused with ultra-refined ingredients to produce a natural, warm, and rich color. It is easy to apply and dries quickly. This oil has polymers and high-tech additives that provide optimal protection against weathering, sunlight, and other harsh environments.
- A little drop of oil can go a long way. Therefore, your oil container will last you longer.
- It doesn’t have any unpleasant odor which makes it more pleasant to use.
- I used it on my mother’s 25-year-old mahogany table and it beautifully enhanced the natural color of the wood.
- It doesn’t leave any oily residue on the furniture.
- I tried to restore my old teak cabinet that has scratches all over it and was delighted to see the results. The old markings are barely visible. In fact, my cabinet looks like I only bought it yesterday.
- It may not work well with some outdoor furniture especially when it is exposed to rain and moisture. I applied it on my teak wooden bench and it ended up looking unfinished.
- Applying it to light colored wood may end up darkening it.
Verdict: The Star Brite Premium Golden Teak Oil is easy to apply, brings out the natural wood grain, and enhances the rich and warm color of the wood. It’s great for maintaining the look of your new furniture as well as restoring old pieces.
The Star Brite Tropical Teak Oil is made to outlast other teak oil sealers. It doesn’t easily drip or splatter making it easier to apply on any wooden surface. This sealer prevents your teak oil from transforming the wood into a darker color.
- It is specifically formulated to protect the wood from constant exposure to sun and salt.
- One coating is all you need. This way, it saves you money and energy.
- I used it to seal the color of my teak cabinet and it seems to do the job. There are no additional scratches on the surface.
- It works well in sealing any outdoor wood surface from rain and moisture.
- This provides long lasting protection for any wood fixtures in and out of your home.
- The color of the teak oil sealant appears to be closer to an orange hue. It doesn’t blend well with most of my wooden furniture.
Verdict: The Star Brite Tropical Teak Oil Sealer is effective for protecting your wooden surface from the heat of the tropical sun as well as other weather contaminants. It seals in the teak oil to prevent the original color from darkening.
The Watco Teak Oil Finish provides an elegant coating on your wooden furnishings. It is formulated to penetrate hard and exotic wood. This finish is designed to resist water, UV rays, and mildew from forming. The substance is durable and doesn’t easily crack or peel.
- It is very easy to use, even newbies won’t have a hard time applying this.
- You can use it to stain your old wooden furniture. It may not look brand new but you can significantly see the improved difference.
- It brings back the original luster of the wood.
- This finish works great even for boat decks. It effectively protects the wooden deck from direct sun exposure.
- The result of this finish may depend on the current condition of your furniture. It won’t be able to restore the exact original color of the wood when it already has a grayish color, to begin with.
- The lid of the can is difficult to open which is frustrating.
- Do not mistake this as a teak oil because it is infused with additives and mineral spirits.
Verdict: The Rust-Oleum Watco Teak Oil Finish is easy to use and apply on various wooden surfaces. It gives wooden fixtures a nice and smooth finish. At the same time, it protects it from environmental contaminants.
This teak oil is formulated with high-quality oil for both interior and exterior wooden surfaces especially boat decks. It is infused with a non-slip ingredient to protect the surface from weather contaminants and moisture. This oil deeply penetrates the wood to create a protective coating that is resistant to water and is tough enough to prevent peeling and chipping.
- I used it on my 5-year-old hardwood chair and it made a huge difference. It now looks healthier compared to its dreary and ratty condition.
- It is easy to apply. Plus, it produces a smooth and even finish with a nice sheen.
- The oil penetrates the surface well with just a few strokes.
- This product is a bit difficult to find.
Verdict: The Daly’s Seafin Teak Oil works best on boat teak decks because it efficiently protects the wood from various weather elements while keeping the surface looking nice and smooth.
The Briwax Teak Oil seals, feeds, and finishes indoor and outdoor wood and veneer surfaces. It has a satin finish that highlights the original beauty of the wood. This hardening oil durable and waterproof.
- It protects our front door against various weather conditions.
- This product can successfully transform any old teak furniture into a brand new looking piece.
- It is easy to use and maintain. It doesn’t absorb water and liquid spills.
- The oil enhances the beauty of the natural wood grain.
- It isn’t resistant to scratches. Even when you cover the light scratches with oil, the imperfections still remain as it is.
Verdict: The Briwax Teak Oil is appropriate for various types of wooden surfaces. It has a smooth and even satin finish to make any surface look beautiful.
Based on the five best teak oil products, the Star Brite Tropical Teak Oil is highly recommended. It has an edge above the other teak oils because it has more features and functions.
The Star Brite Tropical Teak Oil works great in protecting the wood from exposure to direct sunlight and various weather contaminants. It is durable and seals in the oil for long lasting protection.