The Best Changing Pad For Your Baby’s Comfort And Safety
You need to find a perfect place where you can change your baby's clothes and diapers easily and safely. Though you can do it on a bed or any table, nothing still compares to the safety and comfort that a changing pad has. This is the reason why you need to have one. In this article, we're going to show you the best changing pads for your baby.
Why Do You Need To Buy?
There are a lot of benefits you can get out of using a changing pad. However, one of the best benefits is that it gives you better hygiene. It’s in using a changing table that you can assure that your baby won't be exposed to germs and bacteria that might be present in your bed or any table that you would put them on. These changing pads are specifically made to prevent bacterial build up as it stops dust and other germs from seeping through its fabric. Aside from that, these changing pads are also washable, and you can just wash them off if they're already dirty or stained up.
Another cool thing about using a changing pad is that these are also made for comfort. They are very soft and smooth, which is just what your baby wants. You surely want your baby to have the best experience which is why it makes perfect sense for you to have a changing table for them. They’ll feel more relaxed it will make them not move a lot because they’re at ease.
3. Prevents Allergies
Allergies are very common in babies because their body's immune and defense system are not yet fully developed. It's because of this that germs or dust present in beds or tables might cause an allergic reaction on them if ever they are exposed to it or make in contact with it. But with a changing pad, you don't have to worry about that because it stops these allergens from seeping through the pad's fabric.
Changing pads are specifically designed for babies, which is why they are assured to be safe. They are perfectly smooth and don’t have any rough edges, which makes it safe for babies. They are also free of toxic materials that might have a risk on your baby’s health.
5. Easier Changing
Let’s face it, changing our baby's clothes and diapers is not an easy thing. We need to slouch, make them stop moving, and have the perfect timing when slipping into the clothes and diapers on their small and fragile body. With the help of a changing pad, you don't have to worry about any of those because it is specifically designed to make it easier for you to change them. You don't have to slouch or catch them because they are ideally sized and have a belt to secure them in place.
What Do You Need To Consider When Choosing A Changing Pad?
When it comes to choosing a changing pad, the first thing you need to consider is the pad’s cushion. Is it soft? Will your baby be comfortable in lying on it? Is it smooth and doesn’t have uneven surfaces? It’s in asking these questions that you can get the best changing pad for your baby's convenience as well as yours.
The fabric is also important because this is where your baby’s skin will be in contact with. See to it that it is smooth and soft and doesn’t have uneven stitching patterns. It’s also best if the fabric is made of cotton and polyester. It would also be great if it is waterproof, stain-resistant, and has anti-microbial properties. For sure, your baby will love lying on it for hours if their changing pad has fabric like the one mentioned.
Check the size of the changing pad and make sure that your baby will fit perfectly on it. It shouldn't be too small or too big; it should just be a perfect size. It's also better if there are three to four inches of space so that your baby won’t feel restricted when lying on it.
When it comes to the price, you should remember that it doesn't always mean that if the price is high, the product's quality is better. This isn't the case to all changing pads. There are affordable and cheap changing pads that have the same or similar quality as the more expensive ones.
When it comes to buying a product, it’s not just always about the functionality that you need to focus on, but the design as well. See to it that it looks good and can match your changing table’s design. Remember, the design of your changing pad can also affect your baby’s behavior. The more colorful it is, the more likely they are going to be more interactive with you.
Top 5 Best Baby Changing Pads
1. Summer Infant 4-Sided Changing Pad
The Summer Infant 4-Sided Changing Pad is made from high quality peva vinyl that gives you an assurance that your baby will be comfortable on it. It features contoured walls and has its own safety strap that will lock your baby in place when you’re changing them. This pad measures 32 inches x 16 inches x 4 inches, making it an ideally sized changing pad for your baby. Its fabric and material is very durable and is easy to clean, and it is double layered so that it can last a long time.
- It’s a very comfortable product for your baby because of its double layer cushion and high quality soft fabric.
- It’s very effective and it really helps you easily change your baby because it holds them into place.
- The cushion and fabric of this changing pad is thick. You’ll know that this can last for a really long time.
- Even though the material is high quality, it still feels a little bit loose and flimsy.
- It creates a crunchy sound every once in a while, especially if your baby moves a lot.
2. Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad
The Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad is made of premium vinyl and is guaranteed to 100% waterproof. It features contoured walls and an easy-to-release safety belt that will not only safeguard your baby, but will also ensure their comfort. It also has its own security strap that gives addition security and support to the baby. The material is easy to clean. You can even just use a simply damp cloth to wipe any stains off of it.
- It has a thick pad, giving your baby maximum comfort thanks to its cushion. You can even just place your baby and leave them buckled up on the pad while you do other things. That’s how secure this changing pad is.
- It’s a very easy to clean changing pad because it doesn’t absorb dirt and stains. You can simply wipe any dirt or stains off using a damp cloth.
- It is 100% water resistant. You don’t have to worry about spillages, because the changing pad’s fabric doesn’t absorb any liquids.
- This changing pad has no special features and it feels ordinary.
- There are quilted perforations located near the cover. These the the let liquid absorb and soak through it.
3. BABY LOOVI Portable Changing Mat
The BABY LOOVI Portable Changing Mat is made from premium vinyl and is guaranteed to be 100% waterproof. This is a large changing pad/mat as it has a measurement of 31.5 inches x 25.6 inches. What makes this product stand out among the rest is that it doesn’t give any unpleasant smell even if it’s the first time you’re going to use it. This can also be used in almost any place, whether it be in your bed, in your car, in a shop, or in a stroller. It’s the perfect changing pad if you’re always on-the-go and you need to bring your baby with you.
- This is a very compact changing pad. It's very, light and you can literally bring it anywhere with you.
- The quality is great. It gives you the feeling that it’ll be in a pretty good shape for a long time.
- The size of the mat is large. You can even use it for your toddler.
- The color can easily come off especially if it always gets wet or is always exposed to sunlight.
- The price is a bit too high, considering it has few features.
- It lacks extra security features such as buckles, harnesses, and straps.
4. LA Baby Waterproof Cocoon Style Changing Pad
The LA Baby Waterproof Cocoon Style Changing Pad stands out among the rest due to its 4-inch high side edges that’ll surely keep your baby safe. This stops them from slipping off or sliding out of the pad. Its bottom surface has a non-skid surface that ensures the pad won’t slide when you’re changing your baby. The outer cover of the quilt is 100% waterproof, is free of phthalates, and is anti microbial. It’s also non-allergenic and completely stain resistant. There is a safety harness located in the middle portion of the pad and another security strap to support your baby.
- It’s an easy-to-clean changing pad because of the type of material it is made of.
- The texture is very soft and smooth. Your baby will surely love lying on this for hours.
- It has a very firm material. Your baby wouldn’t sink because of its firmness.
- It feels a little bit cheap due to its design and overall feel and texture.
- The straps and vinyl cover aren’t removable. This means that they’ll be included if you wash them.
5. PooPoose Wiggle Free Diaper Changing Pad
Then there’s the PooPoose Wiggle Free Diaper Changing Pad has a high quality contoured foam that is very soft and smooth. It features a removable hook and loop strap that secures your baby into place. This also makes it usable even if you’re going to use it eventually when your baby becomes a toddler. What’s great about this is that you don’t need to have an extra cover because the padding cushions are also ready-to-use. It’s made of non-toxic materials and is assured to be completely safe for babies.
- The design is great. It’s simple, but it’s in its simplicity that it becomes a very functional piece of baby product.
- The Velcro strap is very useful. It’s sturdy and it ensures your baby’s security.
- It’s very soft and cushiony, thanks to its very thick foam padding. Your baby won’t mind staying on it for a long time.
- There is a plastic lining located on its sides, and it feels cold and wet. This will surely make your baby feel a bit uncomfortable when their skin makes contact with it.
- Your baby might fall off of it because of the lack of barriers on its edges.
- There is a tendency for this changing pad to slide if the surface it is placed on is very slippery.
Out of the five reviewed products, the one that managed to emerge as the best changing pad is the LA Baby Waterproof Cocoon Style Changing Pad. It is very safe for your baby due to its cocoon shape and 4-inch high edges. Its fabric is also waterproof, anti-microbial, non-allergenic, and 100% stain-resistant.
It really has a ton of features that’ll surely make your clothes-changing or diaper-changing moments with your baby much easier and more comfortable for them. This also isn’t just a changing pad, because you can also place your baby here whenever you like. It’s really a very important nursery furniture to have, which is why you need to get one of these.