The Best Gold Paint For Creative Decorating
One of the hottest trends in decorative painting is using a gold paint to coat your furniture and accessories. If you love gold accents but don’t know where to start, this article is fit for you. It’s simple, easy, and fun.
You don’t have to be an experienced painter to do this. All you need is the right kind of paint and unlimited creativity to create beautiful and wonderful pieces in your home. Thus, I’ll share with you the best gold paint reviews in the market to help you transform your old and drab fixtures into fabulous decors.
How To Use A Gold Paint
A spray of gold can turn any ordinary item into elegant and expensive looking ornaments. If you’re aiming for a sophisticated style in your home decorating project, this may just do the trick. There are a number of ways to redecorate your home with this type of paint.
Instead of throwing away old pieces of furniture, you can paint on it and give it an entirely new look. If your eyes are sore from looking at worn out pieces, you can significantly improve its appearance by covering it with gold paint.
Here are some ideas on how you can get creative and use gold paint.
- Highlight a centerpiece: There are different kinds of items that can serve as a focal point or centerpiece in the room. It can be a number of things such as a vase, lighting fixture, ornament or other items around your house.
- Create an artwork: Try to play with various items in your house and create your own piece of art. You can spray gold over different sizes of picture frames and hang them randomly on your walls.
- Personalize it: Another fun idea is to customize your items. You can add some personality to your bedroom by painting your name on your headboard. A gold font can make it appear more chic and elegant.
A gold plated centerpiece will enhance and accentuate your space. The overall look will also depend on how you incorporate your decor to the theme and environment of the room.
For example, I used a tall and beautiful gold plated vase with fresh white flowers as the focal point in my living room. The gold accent was highlighted by my freshly painted white walls and furniture. Every time I walk into the room, my eyes immediately gravitates toward the vase.
This is very easy to do and inexpensive if I may add. All you need to do is to be resourceful and creative. Do an inventory of your household items and you may just find a pot of gold lurking inside your basement.
You can also create DIY personalized gifts for your friends. Start by painting some patterns on a plain coffee mug to make it more interesting or stencil your friend’s favorite quote on a textured paper and have it framed. There are so many creative ideas you can think of.
Best Gold Paint Reviews
This metallic paint is designed to cover dark colored areas using light strokes. It produces a subtle color palette if you’re applying it on a light background. It brushes on the surface smoothly and can be painted with stencil or airbrush. This also works on canvas, fabric, wood, paper, and other surfaces.
- You can combine this with other metallic paints by Jacquard to achieve a layered antique effect that you can’t get from other brands.
- The undertone of your painting canvas can still shine through the sheen which adds more depth.
- The paint is easy to apply and gives a silky smooth effect.
- This is a great choice for various art projects and home decorating ideas.
- I used this to design my canvas bag and I was so delighted with the result. The paint sticks well to the fabric and displays a vibrant sheen.
- The consistency is not as thick as I expected.
- It tends to clog airbrushes.
The Jacquard Lumiere Metallic Paint in gold is fun to use because you can use it on various materials including fabric, wood, metal, paper, and other surfaces. If you enjoy working on arts and crafts, this paint may be a great choice for you.
Martha Stewart has been a household name for a long time and most homemakers trust her brand. After all, she is the queen of DIY arts and crafts. Her liquid gilding is suitable for highlighting items or covering the entire surface with a sparkling finish.
Its metallic sheen looks as polished as a precious metal. This type of paint is versatile and can be used in different kinds of surfaces.
- The thickness and consistency of the paint is just right. Therefore, it glides smoothly on the surface.
- It provides great coverage on any material. One coat is enough to conceal any imperfections.
- The shimmer of the paint looks very sophisticated and expensive.
- You can use it in a number of ways especially on various decorating projects.
- A size of 0.75 ounces will only cover a few small items.
- The material smells like heavy-duty paint. Make sure you use a high-quality mask to ward off the strong scent and paint on a well ventilated area.
Martha Stewart’s liquid gilding is a popular choice for DIY decorating projects. The gold paint has a nice texture and gives you an elegant look.
This specialty metallic spray paint produces a rich and glossy coating which is great for accenting pieces in your house. It is infused with metallic leaf flakes for a sparkling and shining effect. This paint is formulated with a quick-drying solution to reduce your waiting time. It is designed with a tip that can spray various size patterns for a more interesting artwork.
- You can use it on practically any kind of surface and yet it still has the same shimmering effect.
- The paint sprays on smoothly, evenly, and provides a good coverage. For most projects, one coat is enough.
- If you are working under a budget, this spray paint can work wonders on your old decor and hardware. You don’t have to spend on buying new items. For just a few bucks, you can transform anything old and make it look brand new.
- The color of the paint doesn’t exactly match the color on the cap.
- Be careful not to overspray it because it has the tendency to leak.
- Avoid spraying the paint too close to your item because it can cause the paint to drip.
The Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray Paint is suitable for any kind of painting project. It is easy to use and dries off easily making it convenient and suitable even for beginners.
This acrylic metallic paint is infused with fine ground metal flakes. This is suitable for adding accent and color for living room, bedroom, kitchen and other parts of your house. You can also use it to brighten up your home decors and even apply it on fabric.
- This acrylic paint is made from high-quality and durable material.
- The gold color has a slight tint of bronze for an added depth and texture.
- It produces a rich and vibrant shimmer and brushes on the surface evenly.
- I tried using this to create gold patterns on my fabric curtains and was very pleased with the results.
- With its thick consistency, you can expect a nice and good coverage with just one coating.
- Make sure you always shake the bottle first before using it. Otherwise, you might get a clear liquid on your brush.
- You may not get the exact type of metallic you are aiming for.
The DecoArt Dazzling Metallics produces an elegant gold finish and is made from high-quality ingredients. It paints well even on fabric materials.
This acrylic leather paint is brilliant for restoring and decorating leather and other absorbent materials. It doesn’t peel off easily even when it’s dry. It produces a smooth and soft matte finish. Since it is water-based, it is generally easy to clean.
- The paint dries off quickly but gives you enough time to retouch other areas before it fully dries.
- Instead of throwing away your favorite bag, this leather paint can salvage your precious belongings. It’s a fabulous way of restoring cracked leather materials.
- It effectively conceals scratches and peels on your leather items.
- The paint may chip off. In this case, make sure you prep your leather item first especially if it has an existing protective coating. Otherwise, your paint might not be absorbed properly.
- The paint may appear darker than it should. Try applying it first on a sample material to see the effect.
The Angelus Acrylic Leather Paint works great on your boots, belt, shoes, bags, and jackets. It provides a nice coverage and design for a wearable art.
If you love working on various decorating projects around your home, these products each have their own advantages. However, my pick for the best gold paint goes to the Angelus Acrylic Leather Paint because it is specifically formulated to effectively work on leather materials.
I have a number of leather items lying around my house that are in bad shape. Instead of throwing away these expensive items, I was able to successfully restore it to its old glory using the Angelus Leather Paint. Other gold paints cannot do this which is why I highly recommend this product.