Best Stucco Paint
If you haven’t gotten around to renovating and redecorating your stucco home, don’t worry because I’ve got you covered. Don’t let yourself get intimidated by stucco walls. In fact, there are a lot of benefits to having a stucco wall in your house.
In this article, I’ll tell you why having a stucco surface in your home is actually a good choice. At the same time, I’ll give you a breakdown on the best stucco paint available in the market today.
Advantages Of Stucco
Stucco is actually one of the most popular choices for exterior finishing. Whether you’re renovating your old home or you’re thinking of redesigning your walls with stucco, we’ll lay down the benefits.
- Durable – One of the reasons why this material is a popular choice among homeowners is due to its durability. A stucco surface and paint can withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures and weather whereas other paints cannot.
- Fire-resistant – Aside from being weather-resistant, it has properties that are fire-resistant as well. You’ll be able to save on costs and protect your home better with stucco.
- Easy to maintain – You don’t have to spend hours and money on maintenance. This material doesn’t require serious upkeep. You don’t even have to repaint or repair it often.
- Versatile in color mixes – If you are aiming for a specific color combination, you can easily mix and match this material to get your desired effect. Once you get bored with your existing stucco color, you can easily switch it up to a new look.
Many homeowners who live in areas with unpredictable weather conditions choose this over other exterior surfaces. Depending on your climate and how you maintain it, stucco can actually last you up to 50 years.
All you need is a nice quality stucco paint to keep your walls looking fabulous. Plus, it’s resistant against molds and mildews too. This means you have lesser things to worry about.
Best Stucco Paint Reviews
Now that you are aware of the advantages of using stucco in your home, we’ll show you some of the complementing products to enhance the appearance of your stucco wall. We’ve rounded up a list of the five most reviewed and recommended stucco paints in the market to give you an idea of how each product works.
Hopefully, if you’re still confused on how to use a stucco paint, these reviews will help shed some light for you. We’ve identified the pros and cons of each to make it easier for you to decide which may work best for your home renovation project.
The Marmorino Paint may be a suitable choice for homeowners who want to give their walls a beautiful textured look. This material is flexible and can be used for indoor and exterior surfaces so you don’t have to purchase a separate product. Thus, saving you a few bucks on your renovation project.
This paint contains non-toxic ingredients with zero amount of VOC making it safe for the environment and your household too. This product offers a variety of styles including both traditional and modern designs so you have more options.
- This plaster and stucco paint is infused with fine sand to provide more texture. A textured paint looks beautiful and nice on your walls. I used this to spruce up my outdoor dining area and got a lot of compliments from my guests.
- The textured design makes the paint more durable and tough on surfaces.
- The paint looks expensive and appears like it’s made from real stone.
- The quality of the paint seems impeccable. The overall result looks as if I hired a professional to paint my walls.
- For amateur painters and homeowners, the paint looks great but for professional architects and designers, the paint looks far from the real thing.
If you are searching for a versatile product, the Cinder Block paint may be an appropriate choice for you. It is designed for interior or exterior use and can be applied to various types of surfaces including masonry, brick, concrete, and stucco.
- This paint provides great coverage on your walls. It completely transformed our bare concrete walls.
- It repels the water in any average climate.
- This paint and primer in one makes it a popular choice for most homeowners due to its flexibility.
- The paint doesn’t fare well against heavy rain. Therefore, if you live in a location where it constantly rains, this may not be the most appropriate paint for your walls.
The DAP Stucco Patch may be a great choice especially if you are looking for a high-quality product to repair your stucco surface. This material is very durable and can hold up well against any kind of contaminant. You’ll definitely get your money’s worth. The package comes in a convenient ready-mixed formula which cuts down your preparation time.
- It’s great for filling in holes in your stucco wall. The patched cracks in my wall seem to be unaffected by the unpredictable weather condition.
- This material has a nice texture and bonds well on your stucco surface.
- You can easily blend it to look like the rest of your stucco wall. You won’t have to worry about having polka dots on your walls.
- It is easy to use and apply on the surface making it appropriate even for beginners like me. It was my first time using a stucco patch and I am very pleased to report that I did not have a hard time at all. Just slather it on the wall, smooth the surface and let it dry.
- This stucco patch works great on rough-styled stucco surfaces especially since it has a thick consistency. Therefore, it blends well with your rough stucco wall.
- While you’re blending the patch, it may have the tendency to dry out fast. • Since it has polymer in it, the final result has a slight sheen on it.
The DAP Pre-Mixed Stucco Patch may be appropriate for homeowners who prefer a well-blended patch to suit their stucco wall. The material is textured making it easier to mold and match the rest of your stucco wall. The patch is hard and durable so you can rely on it to be long-lasting. The material is also resistant to mildew and weather making it suitable for heavy-duty use.
- If you want an easy fix, this patch is easy to use and is great for repairing minor cracks.
- My house has areas left with unpainted stucco surfaces and I am so pleased that this material blends well with my stucco walls. You can’t even tell the difference.
- It seems to hold up well against both hot and wet weather. My stucco wall is exposed to sunlight and rain but I don’t seem to have any issues with it so far.
- In some instances, the patch may not have the same consistency as other cans. I discovered that my second can appeared a bit dry compared to my first can. I wasn’t able to use the second can at all which is a bummer and a waste of money.
- Some cans may even have some lumps in it.
For a professional and high-grade quality patch, the Quikrete Stucco Patch may be the right one for you. Even with its commercial grade appeal, this patch is very easy to apply and use. Its pre-mixed formula makes it convenient and ready to use. No need for other preparations.
This tool is great for repairing cracks, holes, and breaks on your walls. It is durable and long-lasting making it worth your every penny.
- It dries hard like the rest of your stucco surface and matches your stucco surface as well.
- If you have cracks on the corners of your walls, you can use this material to patch it up.
- This definitely works great with think cracks and holes.
- Sometimes, the material may be a little hard to work with.
- I did not like the consistency of the material as it had a watery yet lumpy viscosity.
After giving this list a comprehensive review, I must say, the clear winner of the best stucco paint goes to the Vasari Marmorino Plaster and Stucco Paint. Although each of the products in this list has their own strengths and weaknesses, the Vasari Marmorino Paint has more features and uses that may suit your home renovation project better.
The Vasari Marmorino Plaster and Stucco Paint is highly recommended for homeowners especially if you want to improve the overall appearance of your stucco wall. This textured paint produces a nice and charming look to complement the rest of your home. You’ll definitely get value for your money.
Plus, it contains eco-friendly ingredients making it safer for the environment. It certainly is a win-win situation.